Monday, July 30, 2007

Finished New England Socks for Sockapalooza 4



Pattern: New England from Knitting On The Road
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Turquoise, one hank
Needles: Inox size 0 DPN's
Started: Beginning of June Finished: July 8th

My last post didn't have pictures of the finished pair of New England socks. These are a few different views to show the details. They were definitely a labor of love. Once I got the hang of it though, the pattern was great. And I love the color! I hope my pal likes them, too. If I haven't mentioned it before, I chose New England because that's where I'm from and thought it would be a little symbolic. Now I need to collect some treasures to send with these babies and off they go on Thursday. I volunteered to be a sock savior, too, and that pair is just about done. So everything is so far so good and on schedule.
Saturday night, Pete and I made our way into Boston to Fenway Park to see The Police. He scored free tickets at work. The concert wasn't great and it wasn't bad. I loved them back in the day and even saw them in concert at Foxboro/Sullivan/Whatever Stadium it was called back in the 80's. Sting is hot, Stewart Copeland is an amazing percussionist, and the music still rocks but it just wasn't A-game high quality. I enjoyed the show but was glad our tickets were free.

1 comment: