Thursday, August 9, 2007

May I have some Cantaloupe with that Monkey?


Now that my Sockapalooza 4 socks are done and mailed, it was time to move on to something else. The yellow, green and orange sock is Wendy's Double Eyelet Rib Socks Pattern . I used Sockpixie's sock yarn in Cantaloupe. I started sock #2 last night. The other sock is a Monkey in Meilenweit Colortweed that I bought at Simply Socks Yarn Company. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon and do what all the cool kids are doing but I didn't want to do plain old stockinette socks with this yarn. I wanted to add a little interest to the stripes. You can't really see the pattern very well but I like how it came out anyway.
Speaking of Sockapalooza 4, my sock pal, Jessica, received her package last weekend. Thanks again, Jessica, for all the nice things you said. You really made my day. Heck, you made my week! You rock! And to Sarah and Emma who left nice comments regarding Jessica's socks, thank you. You two are very kind. And Nova, if you find your way back here, I am enjoying my "free" time. I use quotes because even though I don't work anymore, I have 3 kids who keep me VERY busy. P is going back to college this weekend so I've been shopping for stuff for his suite-they have a kitchen this year and need kitchen gear. M has been working a lot and if I want my car I have to take her to work. As soon as P leaves, I'll be school shopping for M and Z. Throw in laundry and housework and there goes my day. It's been good being here to monitor Z's computer and TV time. I was concerned about that at the beginning of the summer. He's been able to have his friends over more frequently and go in the pool a lot more. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment